This is our most technologically advanced top. It is the best that money can buy. It has an entirely new design with lighter fabric and deeper arm holes.
What is Skin Cooler 90™ and Skin Cooler Octovent™?
In addition to the smooth, silky Skin Cooler 90™ fabric we introduced in 2014, we now offer Skin Cooler Octovent™ , which is created by knitting small octagonal patterns that offer more cooling in the front of a garment. You will find our new tops that combine these fabrics to be cooler and offer more sun protection, while actually being 40% lighter in weight.
When the human body gets hot, it sweats to cool itself. In the past, other brands have tried to help that process by developing fabrics that wick moisture away from the skin and expedite evaporation. For over 10 years now, De Soto has taken this concept a step further by using that moisture to create a cooling effect. Skin Cooler™ works by a series of channels knitted into light fabric. As these channels get wet, they absorb moisture and swell, which dissipates the heat making the fabric against your skin actually cooler. How much cooler depends on factors including airflow, humidity, ambient temperature, and moisture temperature. When you sweat, the garment’s temperature drops and creates an actual cooling sensation. Skin Cooler 90™ offers this cooling effect while offering even more sun protection.
Even though Skin Cooler SDS blocks 90% of UVB rays, we always recommend you wear sunscreen underneath these products. It is crucial to keep in mind that a sunscreen’s SPF/UPF rating refers only to its ability to protect skin from UVB radiation. Because we know that UVA damage can be just as insidious, it is essential for the health of your skin that you use a sunscreen that contains the UVA-protecting ingredients of titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, and/or avobenzone.
- Made of Skin Cooler Octovent™ in front, and Skin Cooler SDS™ on side and back panels
- Skin Cooler blocks 90% of UVB rays while lowering body temperature
- Aerodynamic race cut
- Full-front YKK® zipper with Skin Cooler SDS™ collar neckline
- 3 back pockets so you can wear it for racing and for training
- Works well for swimming when worn under a wetsuit
- Deep cut arm holes to prevent skin rub against fabric
- Strong yet soft constrast flatstitch
- Not recommended for repeated use in a chlorinated pool and this is not a swim top to be worn without a wetsuit
- Body - 100% polyester
- Back - 79% polyester, 21% elastane