In a world where cheap jerseys are a commodity given away at many cycling events, it is hard to justify spending money on one that is not. Once you wear the Skin Cooler Bike Jersey, you will see why ours is worth it.
What is Skin Cooler Octovent?
Skin Cooler OCTOVENT is identical to Skin Cooler 90 in its cooling and sun protection, but it has no spandex. Instead is has a small waffle knit which allow stretch around the body. When the human body gets hot, it sweats to cool itself. In the past, other brands have tried to help that process by developing fabrics that wick moisture away from the skin and expedite evaporation. For over 10 years now, De Soto has taken this concept a step further by using that moisture to create a cooling effect. Yes! Skin Cooler works by a series of channels knitted into light fabric. As these channels get wet, they absorb moisture and swell, which dissipates the heat making the fabric against your skin actually cooler. How much cooler depends on factors including airflow, humidity, ambient temperature, and moisture temperature. When you sweat, the garment’s temperature drops and creates an actual cooling sensation. Skin Cooler offers this cooling effect while offering even more sun protection.
Even though Skin Cooler™ Octovent and Skin Cooler 90™ block 90% of UVB rays, we always recommend you wear sunscreen underneath these products. It is crucial to keep in mind that a sunscreen’s SPF/UPF rating refers only to its ability to protect skin from UVB radiation. Because we know that UVA damage can be just as insidious, it is essential for the health of your skin that you use a sunscreen that contains the UVA-protecting ingredients of titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, and/or avobenzone.
Do the colored fabrics or the parts with logos affect the cooling?
No! No matter what the color is of the Skin Cooler Products or the logos on the outside, you will notice that the fabric on the inside is still all white. The reason is that the sublimation process we use to place our logos or any other color on our fabric, turns the ink into a gas that adheres only to the outside of the fabric. Therefore this ink is non-absorbent and does not affect the technical integrity of the product in any way. So the colored parts of the products will keep you just as cool as the white.
- Full-front opening YKK® Zipper
- Skin Cooler™ Octovent body for ultimate coolness and sun protection (see below)
- 3 back pockets
- Sunglass loop (another De Soto invention)
- Skin Cooler gripper waist elastic hold it in place
- The zipper lengths for each size: S-23", M-24", L-25", XL-26", XXL-27"
- This environmentally-friendly innovation is completely free of solvents
- These two Limited Edition Prints reflect the De Soto Sport styling of clean modernist designs combined with unique colors to create the ultimate sophistication through simplicity. Get yours now before they sell out. When they are gone, they are gone for good
- Body - 100% polyester
- Back & Sleeves - 79% polyester, 21% elastane