With last season's Vanquish winning the prestigious Best On Test award with a 92% rating from 220 Triathlon, we knew it was going to be hard to make a wetsuit any better. However, thanks to some cutting edge design and innovative thinking, we are very pleased to say that we feel the new Vanquish has no doubt become the leanest, meanest and fastest wetsuit ever made.
We are pleased to announce that since writing this product description the largest triathlon magazine in the USA, TriathleteTM, has reviewed the new version of the Vanquish and has classified it with the ‘Best In Class’ award for 2016 which is a groundbreaking achievement and shows the quality of this product.
The response from the top coaches and elite athletes who have tested the wetsuit has been overwhelming with many of them agreeing that the Vanquish takes performance and comfort to new levels and is incredibly fast. Zone3 founder, James Lock, has been creating wetsuits since he started the concepts for the brand in 2006 and proudly proclaims that this is the best wetsuit he has ever designed.
Over the last six years the Vanquish has made a name for itself with its extreme flexibility, maximum buoyancy and overall comfort. It's become not only the choice of the elite athletes but also some of the most experienced, regardless of swim ability. Ironman distance athletes love the suit for its high levels of comfort and flexibility around the shoulders and Sprint/Olympic distance athletes for its speed and mega-buoyancy.
So much thought, design and testing has gone into this product that we feel that we have to tell you about every detail so it will be easier to feel the benefits when you start swimming with it. However, we do understand that this is a lot of information to read so you can always watch our e-commerce video for a quick summary.
The Vanquish is something we are very, very excited about. We put everything we know and love into the design and have leveraged physics to make it the fastest wetsuit possible. It makes use of some of the world’s highest performance materials and combines these with a thoroughly researched panel design to ensure maximum flexibility and balanced buoyancy.
If you have the opportunity to try this suit then we hope you like it as much as we do and hope that it can help you reach your goal whether that be getting ahead of the competition or simply enjoying your swimming more than ever.
- New ultra thin laser cut neck panel: Comfort is further maximised with our innovative new 1mm moulded collar which is so soft and light you’ll be questioning whether you even have your wetsuit on! It allows a tighter fit on the body without feeling any discomfort around the neck. As soon as you try this unique design you may never want to wear any other wetsuit again
- Sensory Catch Panel: Aeroforce fabric is used on the forearms to give an improved feeling and catch in the water. Rather than a traditional rubber fabric, the Vanquish uses a double layer of high performance, water repellent Lycra-based fabric. This firstly reduces arm fatigue, as there is not as much buoyancy resistance during the catch phases of the stroke, but also allows the swimmer to improve their efficiency in the water. No water can enter the suit but you will feel the coolness of the water on the forearm panel which helps to align your hand and forearm during the stroke to give more propulsion and also a more natural feeling swim. Ref#3
- Innovative Silk-Fit inner lining used on the body and legs to make the suit feel extremely comfortable next to the skin and also make putting the suit on easier than ever before
- Aqua dynamic 'SCS' Nano coating applied to the neoprene meaning that there is almost no drag through the water
- Our trademark Pro Speed CuffsTM on the arms and the legs for rapid removal after the swim to ensure the quickest transitions, saving you vital time on any course
- Downwards YKK zipper making the suit easy to put on and take off but also with an upwards breakaway zip design available
- Combining our recognized red cuffs with stylish graphite neoprene on the arms and gold and gunmetal tones for an exclusive look. A suit with the looks to live up to its legendary performance