Inventory is limited. Order yours for this reduced price only while supplies last. Sales on all clearance items are final. No returns.
The 2010 De Soto Men's 400-Mile Bike Bib Short is an improved version of the 400-Mile Bib Short of 2009 with improved fit, comfort and most notably, our new Compressor double legband. Your hamstrings and quadriceps will thank you for the incredible support. Newly innovated 400-Mile pad floats and stretches which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
This 11-panel De Soto Men's 400-Mile Bike Bib Short has a Carrera Abdomen panel and piping for added comfort and flexibility on long rides. One of the great features of this short is what it does not have: no leg gripper, eliminating the tight binding around the thighs. Made of Forza Compressor, this short stays down and in place and also features Liquid Mesh to keep you cool. It has 3 pockets (one on each leg and one in back) that fit cell phones, mp3 players, fuel packets, and most sunglasses. Curvilinear seam lines, contrast flat stitch, and the 400-Mile Pad make it the most comfortable bibshort on the market regardless of price.
Emilio De Soto gave these shorts and bibs the "400-Mile" name from product testing consisting of 400 miles over 4 days. His logic was that many shorts feel fine for 100+ mile rides. The real question is how does that saddle feel when you get on the bike the next morning for another 100 miles...and the next morning This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.
- Forza Compressor body with Compressor double-legband - Lifts and supports muscles to dampen the vibration due to dynamic flexion and extension, as well as isometric flex during exercise. Research findings from extensive university studies show the Forza Compressor fabric used in De Soto garments help to improve athletic performance by as much as 12%, by delaying the onset of fatigue and by giving an improved sense of body position. De Soto assemble the garments of this fabric with proprietary articulated stitching techniques that maximize comfort and fit while minimizing constriction and drag. The result is the best fitting and highest quality product that money can buy.
- Carrera abdomen panel - a nylon/spandex blend that is lightweight, breathable, quick-drying and keeps its support and fit, even when wet. Carrera is a very soft breathable stretch fabric we have incorporated into our new high-end bike shorts for more comfort against the abdomen.
- 13-panel design
- Curvilinear seam lines
- Contrast Flatstitch
- 400-Mile Pad - one-piece, seamless, 4-way stretch, and buoyant.
- 3 pockets - 2 on legs, 1 in back
- Inseam Lengths: S-8", M-8.5", L-9", XL-9.5"