Limited 2010 inventory. Order yours for this reduced price while supplies last. Sales on all clearance items are final. Sorry, no returns on clearance items.
The 2XU Men’s V:1 Velocity Triathlon Wetsuit is here. Introducing the new state of the art in the industry of triathlon wetsuits. The 2XU Men’s V1 Velocity Triathlon Wetsuit features 4 new propriety creations from 2XU including High Velocity Strakes for improved hydrodynamics and increased forward motion, Aquatic Membrane Arms for neutral buoyancy and greater feel of the water, Concave Water Entrapment Zones on the forearm, and Propulsion Panels on the lower leg for greater power out of your kick. The 2XU Men’s V1 Velocity Triathlon Wetsuit also features 2XU’s other propriety creations including the Rollbar for better buoyancy and body positioning around the core, Floating Zip Panel to increase flexibility so it moves with the body, and Transition Panels for maximum flexibility and maximum power. The 2XU Men’s V:1 Velocity Triathlon Wetsuit is what the pros will be wearing this year. OneTri is one of the premier retailers for the 2XU Velocity V1 Men’s Triathlon Wetsuit.
- Industry first Velocity Strakes, channel water for greater water stability resulting in less sideways movement in choppy conditions. In still conditions offering a channeling water process for greater lift and cleaner water flow movement resulting in more speed through the water.
- Optimizing the maximum 5mm thickness allowed under the International Federation Rules, and incorporating 39 cell rubber – the most buoyant on the market due to the cell density (spec gravity=.13). Maximum buoyancy means less body in the water therefore less wetted surface area, and a faster overall speed through the water. Water is 1000 times denser than air, and has a drag coefficient 10 times greater than air. Buoyancy is the ultimate component of speed.
- 2XU V:1 wetsuit utilizes Nano SCS giving the wetsuit an extra 4% in buoyancy over standard SCS. The underwater coefficient of dynamic friction of the SCS Nanoskin is 0.026 in comparison to 4.0 of regular neoprene. Less friction = more speed.
- 2XU have engineered a wetsuit with the optimum chest/hip buoyancy balance. Synchronizing hip and chest buoyancy through the front panel cut Without this formula hip or chest submersion can occur throwing out your level body position and your stroke, bringing into play both inefficient technique and the usage of untrained muscles , bringing on quicker fatigue.
- The hydrodynamic flow over the front of the wetsuit is interrupted by seams, so 2XU have a one piece design from the neck to the knee to reduce drag and increase speed through the water.
- Industry first Rollbar region improves the buoyancy in the core of the wetsuit. Better body position is delivered through maintained buoyancy when the body rolls off the front panel. This ultimately maintains higher body position (speed in water) and derives power from better positioned hips – enhancing the pull phase of the stroke.
- Utilizing new generation 1.5mm 40 cell neoprene the most flexible available on the planet.
- The main factor for underarm material selection is flexibility. The underarm is a key panel which dictates the degree of shoulder and arm movement , releasing the swimming stroke action, allowing a complete extension along the latissimus dorsi. Both the neoprene and inner lining materials have been selected for maximum flexibility
- 520% Stretch Neoprene with 4 way stretch. This is in turn complemented by the highly flexible hollow polyester fiber lining.
- The high stretch hollow polyester jersey inner lining of underarm, and shoulder panels of the 2XU swimsuit maintain flexibility and reduce weight. Our polyester lining in the important flexibility zones is 4% more flexible than the nylon alternatives. The comfortable inner layer does not reduce the flexibility of the outer neoprene skin, so your energy can be focused on swimming and not wasted working against restriction. Secondly the polyester is hydrophobic and repels water, reducing weight down the arms by absorbing 70% less water than nylon.
- The advanced material and construction of the 2XU underarm panel delivers maximum flexibility to enable the greatest range of arm extension, rotation, abduction and adduction. In short a full unrestricted range of arm movement.
- New and exclusive to 2XU are the Propulsion panels, establishing a greater frontal region due to internal neoprene strips, along with 2xu’s propriety Strakes for more grip on the water for more stabilized power from the kick.
- The upper leg region (of seamless front panel) are serviced by the most buoyant neoprene available – Nano SCS 5mm 39 cell neoprene.
- The lower legs have a reduced 3mm panel structure to help with the run up the beach and to remove the wetsuit with ease.
- Quick Release leg cut for faster suit removal.
Back Panels (Main Lateral and Lower Back)
- Fundamental panels many other wetsuit brands underestimate. 2XU have engineered a back panel structure which is strong enough to contain the rigid zip, withstanding the punishment of constant use, but more importantly flexible enough to interact with the underarm panel, and allow the zip to float with body movement. This is achieved by the one piece floating zip panel, no seams so less restriction.
- The floating zip back panel enhances flexibility of our back panel which allows the zip (by construct non stretch) to move in partnership with the body, especially during the recovery and catch phase of the stroke – when your arm moves through the largest motion from beside your hip to entering the water in front of you, requiring the wetsuit to stretch along your back and shoulder.
- The 2XU floating back panel also has the advantage of contributing to better expansion of the chest cavity, therefore reducing restriction to the breathing motion. The less flexible 5mm front flotation panel is complemented by the hyper flexible 1.5mm underarm panel and 3mm back panels to promote core expansion and breathing.
Seat and Crotch Panels
- These two panels are all about maximizing buoyancy, while having an anatomical fitting shape so water does not gather in this region. An ill fitted suit will allow the back up of water and increase in weight.
- We have used 39 cell SCS neoprene for maximum buoyancy allowed, and have also utilized a backing which will hold its shape and support in a region where most of the power in the stroke can come from.
- In utilizing materials which compress the muscles in the buttock and higher leg greater muscle stability reduces fatigue and allows the muscle to be primed for greater power output.
- Crotch panel also utilizes slightly thinner thickness to enhance the run up the beach by allowing more flexibility without sacrificing buoyancy.
Shoulder (and Exterior Arm) Panel
- Utilizing hyper flexible yet buoyant 1.5mm 40 cell rubber with hydrophobic Polyester backing, the 2XU shoulder panel absorbs less water when the suit is submerged, with maximum stretch.
- Industry first Aquatic Membrane – with neutral buoyancy, you will feel the water like never before in a wetsuit. Less energy is expended as you no longer have to push against the buoyancy of the neoprene in the catch phase of the stroke.
- Upper arm buoyancy and lower arm neutral buoyancy result in a higher elbow position which for an improved catch.
- CWEZ: Concave Water Entrapment Zone, industry first catch panel strips, maximizing feel of the water with extra water entrapment area, supplying more distance per stroke.
- Exclusive to 2XU, the lowered seem , helps minimize friction and increase hydrodynamic features of the suit. The most comfortable neck on the market.
- The neckline must balance tension perfectly to minimize both water intake and chaffing.
- This neckline solution is completed with an adjustable fastening collar system, allowing you to personalize the fit and maintain the perfect tension.
- Seamless front construction so less drag.
- The 2XU zip is manufactured from reliable light and strong material, positioned behind the back panel lapels to reduce water intake and
streamlined for speed.
- 1. C.W.E.Z – Concave water entrapment zone
- 2. Propulsion Panel
- 3. Velocity Strakes
- 4. Nano SCS coating
- 5. Seamless Shoulder/Arm Panel
- 6. Rollbar
- 7. 39 Cell Front Buoyancy
- 8. 520% Stretch Lining
- 9. Transition Panel Seam Overlap Technology
- 10. Floating Zip
||142 – 162
||4’9” – 5’3”
||40 – 50
||88 – 110
||150 – 165
||4’11” – 5’5”
||47 – 57
||104 – 126
|Small / Med
||155 – 175
||5’1” – 5’9”
||55 – 66
||121 – 146
||160 – 175
||5’3” – 5’9”
||64 – 72
||141 – 159
||165 – 180
||5’5” – 5’11”
||68 – 80
||150 – 176
||156 – 172
||5’3” – 5’9”
||55 – 65
||128 – 150
||160 – 172
||5’3” – 5’9”
||63 – 70
||139 – 154
|Small / Tall
||174 – 182
||5’9” – 6’0”
||64 – 72
||141 – 159
|Small / Med
||165 – 179
||5’7” – 5’10”
||68 – 75
||150 – 165
||170 – 184
||5’7” – 6’0″
||72 – 80
||159 – 176
||178 – 193
||5’10” – 6’4”
||74 – 83
||163 – 183
||165 – 175
||5’5” – 5’9”
||78 – 88
||172 – 194
||175 – 188
||5’9” – 6’2”
||85 – 94
||187 – 207
||180 – 195
||5’11” – 6’5”
||84 – 94
||185 – 207
||180 – 200
||5’11” – 6’7”
||92 – 110
||203 – 243
||180 – 210
||5’11” – 6’11”
||105 – 120
||231 – 256