Limited 2010 inventory. Order yours for this reduced price while supplies last. Sales on all clearance items are final. Sorry, no returns on clearance items.
From the makers of the world famous V:1 wetsuit comes the 2XU X:1 Project X wetsuit, a supremely elite, exquisitely engineered garment from 2XU. Set to be the envy of open water swim apparel across the world, 2XU’s PROJECT:X model marks a revolution in high performance wetsuit technology. Bringing together all 2XU proprietary wetsuit creations to date including Velocity Strakes, Rollbar and Lower Leg Propulsion Panels, this truly innovative suit sets a new benchmark with an X-Flex Front Panel for unparalleled propulsion, CWEZ X catch panel for incredible distance per stroke and Titanium Alpha Coating to promote blood flow in the legs for swim to bike transitions like never before.
- With a 40 cell neoprene X Flex Panel across the front, 2XU’s X:1 is engineered to arm the swimmer with unparalleled propulsion by facilitating a more effective body roll and flex through the water. Designed to support both the beginner and advanced swimmer, X Flex works with the natural movement of the body in water; directing hips to perform more efficiently in the swim.
- Internal air cells – increases flexibility through the chest panels.
- Industry first Velocity Strakes channel water for greater stability and less sideways movement in choppy conditions. In still conditions, a water channeling process is offered for greater lift and cleaner water flow for speed through the water.
- Silver SCS lining for increased warmth.
- Optimizing the maximum 5mm thickness allowed under the International Federation Rules, and incorporating 39 cell rubber – the most buoyant on the market due to the cell density (spec gravity=.13). Maximum buoyancy means less body in the water therefore less wetted surface area and a faster overall speed through the water. Water is 1000 times denser than air and has a drag coefficient 10 times greater than air. Buoyancy is the ultimate component of speed.
- 2XU X:1 wetsuit utilizes nano SCS providing the wetsuit with an extra 4% buoyancy over standard SCS. The underwater coefficient of dynamic friction of the SCS nanoskin is 0.026 in comparison to 4.0 of regular neoprene. Less friction = more speed.
- Industry first Rollbar region improves buoyancy in the core for better body position when the body rolls off the front panel. This ultimately facilitates higher body position and hip position in the water for greater speed and power.
- Utilizing new generation 1.5mm 40 cell neoprene: the most flexible available on the planet.
- The main factor for underarm material selection is flexibility. The underarm is a key panel which dictates the degree of shoulder and arm movement, releasing the stroke action to allow a complete extension along the latissimus dorsi. Both the neoprene and inner lining materials have been selected for maximum flexibility.
- 520% four-way stretch neoprene complemented by highly flexible hollow polyester fiber lining.
- The high stretch hollow polyester jersey inner lining of underarm and shoulder panels of the 2XU wetsuit maintain flexibility and reduce weight. Our polyester lining in crucial flexibility zones is 4% more flexible than nylon alternatives. A comfortable inner layer does not reduce the flexibility of the outer neoprene skin, so energy can be focused on swimming and not wasted on restriction. Secondly, the hydrophobic polyester repels water, reducing arm weight by absorbing 70% less water than nylon.
- Advanced material and construction of the 2XU underarm panel delivers maximum flexibility to facilitate extensive arm extension, rotation, abduction and adduction. Completely unrestricted range of arm movement.
- Boasting a metallic alloy coating in the inner lining, the wetsuit will maintain the warmth required to promote blood flow in the lower leg panels. In turn, blood pooling in the upper body is prevented to offer a faster swim to bike transition and more competitive legs for the start of the ride.
- New and exclusive to 2XU are the Propulsion Panels, delivering a greater frontal region with internal neoprene strips plus 2XU’s propriety Strakes for enhanced grip on the water for a stabilized power in the kick.
- The upper leg region (of seamless front panel) is serviced by the most buoyant neoprene available – nano SCS 5mm 39 cell neoprene.
- The lower legs have a reduced 3mm panel structure to help with the run up the beach.
- Quick release leg cut for faster suit removal.
Back Panels (Main Lateral and Lower Back)
- Fundamental panels many other wetsuit brands underestimate. 2XU has engineered a back panel strong enough to contain a rigid zip and withstand the punishment of ongoing use in addition to being flexible enough to interact with the underarm panel for floatation. This is achieved by the one piece floating zip panel. No seams for less restriction.
- The floating zip enhances flexibility in the back panel which allows the zip to move in partnership with the body, especially during the recovery and catch phase of the stroke.
- The 2XU floating back panel also offers the added benefit of better expansion of the chest to reduce restricted breathing. The less flexible 5mm front floatation panel is complemented by a hyper flexible 1.5mm underarm panel and 3mm back panels to promote core expansion and breathing.
Seat and Crotch Panels
- These two panels are all about maximizing buoyancy, while having an anatomical fitting to prevent water pooling in this region.
- 39-cell SCS neoprene for maximum buoyancy and a backing which holds its shape and support in a region where most of the stroke’s power originates.
- Featuring materials which compress the muscles in the buttock and upper leg for greater muscle stability and reduced fatigue.
- Crotch panel with a slightly thinner thickness for enhanced run up the beach through greater flexibility.
Shoulder (and Exterior Arm) Panels
- Utilizing hyper flexible yet buoyant 1.5mm 40 cell rubber with hydrophobic polyester backing, the 2XU shoulder panel absorbs less water when the suit is submerged.
- Industry first Aquatic Membrane. With neutral buoyancy, the wearer will feel the water like never before in a wetsuit. Less energy is expended as resistance against the buoyancy of the neoprene in the catch phase is reduced.
- Upper arm buoyancy and lower arm neutral buoyancy result in a higher elbow position for an improved catch.
- CWEZ X: Concave Water Entrapment Zone. Industry first catch panel strips to maximize the water entrapment area for greater distance per stroke.
- Exclusive to 2XU, the lowered seam minimizes friction and increases hydrodynamics. The most comfortable neck on the market.
- The neckline balances tension to minimize water intake and chafing.
- Neckline is finished with an adjustable collar fastening system for personalization of the fit.
- Seamless front construction for less drag.
- Manufactured from reliable, light and powerful material, positioned behind the back panel lapels to reduce water intake and deliver speed.
- Seamless Neck Minimizes friction + water intake. Increases hydrodynamics + speed
- X-Flex Front Panel Facilitating propulsion + increasing flexibility
- Velocity Strake For increased stability + greater lift
- Transition Front Buoyancy Panel Maximum buoyancy of 39 cell rubber and reduce friction
- Cwez X Industry first catch panels to maximize water entrapment + distance per stroke
- Titanium Alpha Coating Maintains warmth + enhances blood flow
- Propulsion Panels For enhanced grip + power
- 40 Cell 1.5mm Underarm Stretch Panel For unrestricted movement + reduced weight
- Floating Zip Panel Assists flexibility, core expansion + breathing
- Rollbar Core buoyancy for greater speed + power
- Quick Exit Lower Leg Panel For faster suit removal
||142 – 162
||4’9” – 5’3”
||40 – 50
||88 – 110
||150 – 165
||4’11” – 5’5”
||47 – 57
||104 – 126
|Small / Med
||155 – 175
||5’1” – 5’9”
||55 – 66
||121 – 146
||160 – 175
||5’3” – 5’9”
||64 – 72
||141 – 159
||165 – 180
||5’5” – 5’11”
||68 – 80
||150 – 176
||156 – 172
||5’3” – 5’9”
||55 – 65
||128 – 150
||160 – 172
||5’3” – 5’9”
||63 – 70
||139 – 154
|Small / Tall
||174 – 182
||5’9” – 6’0”
||64 – 72
||141 – 159
|Small / Med
||165 – 179
||5’7” – 5’10”
||68 – 75
||150 – 165
||170 – 184
||5’7” – 6’0″
||72 – 80
||159 – 176
||178 – 193
||5’10” – 6’4”
||74 – 83
||163 – 183
||165 – 175
||5’5” – 5’9”
||78 – 88
||172 – 194
||175 – 188
||5’9” – 6’2”
||85 – 94
||187 – 207
||180 – 195
||5’11” – 6’5”
||84 – 94
||185 – 207
||180 – 200
||5’11” – 6’7”
||92 – 110
||203 – 243
||180 – 210
||5’11” – 6’11”
||105 – 120
||231 – 256