The 3rd generation of the APMA approved AVI-LITE III and Avia’s most popular running shoe, now has an improved cushion ride while still achieving the lightest weight training shoe set up from AVIA. The AVI-LITE III is the perfect tempo training shoe for some, and great race day shoe for the occasional weekend race warrior. OneTri.com is proud to feature the Avia Men’s Avi-Lite III Triathlon Running Shoe 2010.
- CANTILEVER – CANTILEVER centers the heel over a concave sole. The concave sole acts like a trampoline to soften impact, stabilize the heel and provide increased energy return.
KEY BENEFITS : BASIS OF ALL AVIA TECHNOLOGY/STABILITY/ SHOCK ABSORPTION
- AVI-LITE EVA
- Dual Density EVA – A firmer density of EVA, usually positioned on the medial aspect of the shoe to help control pronation and reduce the premature breakdown of the midsole. The dual density midsole portion, often referred to as a Post, is usually grey in color.
- ANATOMICAL CRADLE – ANATOMICAL CRADLE improves both motion control and shock absorption by mimicking the bottom of your heel in your midsole. A cup-like shape in the midsole, created through an anatomically correct last, literally cradles your heel, holding it right where the foot’s own natural padding and the shoe’s cushioning will absorb the most impact; this translates into less shock on the rest of the body. The cradle also centers and holds the heel firmly in place to reduce twisting on both ankles and knees.
KEY BENEFITS : MOTION CONTROL/SHOCK ABSORPTION
- DURA-STRYK -DURA-STRYK is AVIA ‘s high-abrasion carbon rubber compound which is placed in high-wear areas to increase outsole durability.
KEY BENEFITS : INCREASES DURABILITY
- American Podiatric Medical Association Accepted.
- Weight – 9.4oz.
- Width – Medium.
- Upper – Lightweight Microfiber, Air Mesh and V-FIT eyestay and Air Mesh with 3M Reflective features for safety.
- Sockliner – Antibacterial, removable molded Ortholite.
- Midsole – DUAL DENSITY compression molded AVI-LITE EVA midsole with a molded Anatomical Cradle.
- Outsole – A skeletal designed outsole constructed with lightweight formula blown carbon rubber and Dura-Stryk in the heel.