The Garmin Edge 705, Heart Rate functions as a heart rate monitor, cycle computer, altimeter, and GPS tracker. Like a personal trainer and navigator, the Garmin Edge 705, Heart Rate pushes you to do your best, then shows you the way back. This GPS-enabled cycle computer knows no limits. Get heart rate, time, distance, turn-by-turn directions, power data (from ANT+Sport-enabled third-party power meters) – the works. Even share your data with other Edge 705 buddies after your ride. The Garmin Edge 705 is all wireless with a color display. The Garmin Edge 705 is no ordinary cycle computer.
- Navigate Your Ride: Lose yourself in the ride without losing your way. Edge 705 comes with a built-in basemap, plus it has a microSD card slot for adding map detail and storing workouts, courses and saved rides. Just plug in detailed MapSource City Navigator street maps on a preloaded data card and get turn-by-turn directions on a sunlight-readable, color display as you pedal. Add optional topo mapping for your off-road adventures. Edge snaps easily into the included bike mount to guide you to your destination.
- Get the Data You Need: The Garmin Edge 705, Heart Rate comes bundled with different accessories to keep you on top of your ride. Edge 705 automatically measures your speed, distance, time, calories burned, altitude, climb and descent, and records this data for your review. For extra-precise climb and descent data, Edge also incorporates a barometric altimeter to pinpoint changes in elevation. It features a high-sensitivity receiver that holds a signal under trees and near tall buildings, and comes with a click stick for easy screen navigation.
- See Your Power: The Garmin Edge 705, Heart Rate works with third-party ANT+Sport-enabled power meters to display your power output in watts as you ride. This valuable data shows you how hard you’re working, regardless of conditions affecting your ride, so you can train smarter. Get a competitive advantage by viewing power output along with Edge data all on the same display and storing this information to analyze your workout.
- Measure Heart Rate: Garmin’s innovative ANT+Sport wireless technology means you get heart rate data with no strings attached. All versions of Edge 705 include a wireless heart rate monitor to measure your heart rate and track your heart rate zone. You can even use it to train indoors because the sensor attaches to your rear wheel.
- Swap Rides Wirelessly: With the Garmin Edge 705, Heart Rate you can share your courses, workouts and saved rides wirelessly with other Edge 705 users. Now you can prove that 20-mile uphill climb with a 2000-foot elevation gain. Better yet, send it to your buddy to ride. Sharing data is easy. Just select “Transfer Data” to send your information to other Edge 705 units within a 3-meter range.
- Share, Store and Analyze: You rode hard and now you want to store and analyze your workout. With a simple connection to your computer, you can join a worldwide network of cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts through Garmin Connect – their new, one-stop site for data analysis and sharing. Also upload to optional Garmin Training Center software for further analysis.
The Garmin Edge 705, Heart Rate comes with:
- Heart rate monitor
- Bike mounts
- AC charger
- USB cable
- Owner’s manual on disk
- Quick reference guide