Limited inventory. Order yours for this reduced price while supplies last. Sales on all clearance items are final. No returns, exchanges, or credit. Price subject to change at any time.
The 2010 Giro Ionos Road Cycling Bike Helmet is the most technologically advanced road cycling helmet Giro has ever created. Or anyone else. The Giro Ionos Road Cycling Bike Helmet uses Giro’s revolutionary in-mold composite subframe (I.C.S.) to provide the strength to support 21 of the largest vents ever carved into a helmet. These massive vents, coupled with an intricate network of internal exhaust ports, create a cooling system Giro calls Wind Tunnel ventilation, making the Giro Ionos Road Cycling Bike Helmet the coolest, best-ventilated helmet anywhere…perfect for keeping riders like 2007 Tour de France champion Alberto Contador comfortable, even on the hottest days and over the most tortuous Alpine climbs. The 2010 Giro Ionos Road Cycling Bike Helmet is the ultimate in road cycling.
- In-mold composite subframe (I.C.S.) – Giro’s In-mold composite skeleton fused into a helmet’s EPS liner. Visible on the bridges between vents, this series of composite plates is directionally “tuned” to provide structural support, impact dispersion, penetration resistance. I.C.S. technology is what allows us to carve those massive vents– as seen in Giro’s Ionos helmet, for example– without compromising rider protection.
- X-static padding – Anti-static soft liner gives the rider’s head luxury feel and fit without itch or cling.
- Roc Loc 4 – Giro’s Roc Loc 4 is the industry benchmark for adjustability, durability, and rider comfort. It offers full adjustment of both fit tension and vertical position, for a truly custom fit that makes Giro helmets more stable on your head, especially on rough roads or technical trails.
- In-mold – Fusing the sleek, four-part outer shell with its impact-absorbing EPS liner to create a single integral unit. The two materials are literally fused together, each reinforced by the other. This ‘exoskeleton’ allows helmets to be lighter, more durable, and better-ventilated than traditional road helmets.
- 21 Wind Tunnel vents – Giro helmets are developed utilizing their proprietary Wind Tunnel ventilation system, which combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust fresh, cool air over and around the rider’s head while forcing heat and stale air out at the same time. This measurable increase in cooling due is the single most important performance benefit Giro helmets provide to riders.
- Internal channeling – Giro helmets are designed to allow air to circulate within the helmet, allowing the rider’s head to be more ventilated.
- Super Fit
- S: (20″-21.75″ / 51-55 cm)
- M: (21.75″-23.25″ / 55-59 cm)
- L: (23.25″-24.75″ / 59-63 cm)