Limited 2009 inventory. Order yours for this reduced price while supplies last. Sales on all clearance items are final. No returns.
The Look 496 Tri is a by-product of the 496 Athens frame developed for the track. To precisely comply with triathlon practice, the weight and stiffness have been reduced. The axis of the seat post with a specific stem and an incline of 76 degrees grant exceptional aerodynamics. The headset also is specific along with the frame integrated monobloc head tube.
Over short or long distances it shows its potential as the kilometers go by. Triathletes looking for extreme aerodynamics and optimum stiffness will appreciate having a better posture during the ride in order to retain their strength to better confront the foot race. Numerous triathletes are equipped with it. The Look 496 Tri Carbon Triathlon Bike is a sure thing for any triathlon or time trial.
- Triathlon Specific Geometry – The Look 496 Tri is specifically designed for triathlons and time trials. It shares some of the characteristics of the 496 Track (PKV), which was originally developed for Olympic Federation track teams around the world. The use of a specific seat collar at the seat tube section adjusts the seat angle to 78 degrees. The 496 Tri is an extremely efficient frame, providing energy maximizing lateral stiffness. Every pedal stroke drives the bike forward.
- Monobloc Construction The bottom bracket is the heart of the frame. In order to maximize pedaling efficiency. The Look 496 Tri is constructed using the monobloc process. A specifically shaped oversized rear triangle results in a perfect transmission of power between the bottom bracket and the wheel.
- Offset Aerodynamic Monoblade Fork – The Look Monoblade fork was the first of its kind. Originally developed in the 1990’s, the fork was designed to improve lateral rigidity as well as slice through the wind. The aerodynamics of the 496 Tri were tested in the wind tunnel at the Formula 1 Center in Nevers Magny-Cours. The revised design of the 496 has been improved by 2% over the previous generations. The basic result is 60 hundredths of a second per kilometer time savings, thanks in part to the extremely low drag coefficient of the fork.
- From The Track To Triathlon – When looking at the Look 496 Tri, it is evident that the design has evolved from the medal winning 496 TRACK frames. The 496 platform was developed to match the strict requirements of the top high end athletes of the French federation. In total, Look impressively captured 12 medals during the last Athens Olympic Games: France, China, Japan, Germany, Canada. This valuable experience and feedback has had a direct result on the evolution of the 496 TRI, already making it one of the most sought after TRI frames on the market.
- Handmade: 50 Hours – It requires no less than 50 hours to hand build this frame from scratch in Look’s own factories.
- Carbone Mix of HR and HM – The goal was to reduce the weight and the stiffness of the original track frame to make it suitable for short and long distance triathlons. Using a custom mix of HR and HM carbon fiber butted tubes, an efficient yet lighter and more compliant frame was born.
- Carbon Type: Mix of HR, HM and VHM
- Fork: Look Monoblade (Meets the new standard EN14781 Safety Requirements)
- Lugs: None: Monobloc construction
- Bottom Bracket: BSA – Width: 68 MM
- Front Derailleur: Braze-On
- Seat Post: Elliptical Aero Shape, 76 degree Seat Angle
- Headset: Special Headset Designed for the 496
- Water Bottle Cage Mounts: 2
- Frame Weight: 1550 grams
- Fork Weight: 700 grams with headset
- Accessories: Reversible Carbone Seat Post
*Frameset comes with frame, fork, seatpost, and special headset/stem.