REDUCED PRICE You Save 46%
In 2014 the Vanquish was rated against 14 other wetsuit brands in the 220 Triathlon magazine group test. It came out with not only the highest rating of 92% but also gained the BEST ON TEST award which is one of the most prestigious awards that can be won. Triathletes all over the world have backed this up with fantastic feedback.
The Vanquish is not only the choice of the elite athletes but also some of the most experienced regardless of swim ability. Ironman distance athletes love the suit for its extreme comfort and flexibility around the shoulders and Sprint/Olympic distance athletes for its speed and mega-buoyancy. Since it’s original design in 2009 it’s just got better and better.
Below we have written a details description of the design features which make the Vanquish so highly rated. If you don’t have the time, you could always watch the video!
The suit is designed to make sure the shoulder, arms, upper back and lats are absolutely as flexible as possible and then combining this with some of the World’s most buoyant materials around the quads, hips and glutes. This is how it’s been achieved:
1. The suit is designed to make sure the shoulder, arms, upper back and lats are as flexible as they possibly can be and then combining this with some of the World’s most buoyant materials around the quads, hips and gluts. This is how it’s been achieved:
2. An ultra thin one-piece shoulder panel stretching all the way from the left hand to the right hand side with no seams in between. As soon as you put this suit on you can feel the difference. Maximum flexibility meaning you can increase your distance per stroke, conserve energy and minimize the risk of shoulder injuries. This panel is only 1.5mm thick and made with Yamamoto’s premium #40 SCS. Ref# 1
3. Extending the area of this same high stretch fabric across the shoulder blades and from under the arm down to the hip. This really helps to maximise the propulsion you can achieve with each stroke and ensures a fluid roll with each arm pull. Ref# 2
4. Sensory Catch Panel: Aeroforce fabric is used on the forearms to give an improved feeling and catch in the water. Rather than a traditional rubber fabric, the Vanquish uses a double layer of high performance, water repellent Lycra fabric. This firstly reduces arm fatigue as there is not as much buoyancy resistance during the catch phases of the stroke but also allows the swimmer to improve their efficiency in the water. No water can enter the suit but you will feel the coldness of the water on the forearm panel which helps to align your hand and forearm during the stroke to give more propulsion and also a more natural feeling swim. Ref#3
5. A 3mm chest panel is used to further increase flexibility and allow maximum chest expansion, however a 5mm buoyancy panel is built into this area using an innovative sandwich construction. This helps to improve course sighting during the swim and acts as a roll-bar to help promote the essential torso rotation between each stroke. Ref #4
6. The hip and core areas are made up from a combination of three different materials, each with a thickness of 5mm which is the maximum allowed under ITU rules. These panels are:
– NBR construction side panels designed to work in unison with the buoyancy panel in the chest. NBR is a super buoyant material which is commonly used in life jackets. This material is sandwiched between two layers of neoprene to ensure maximum lift in the water. Ref #5
– Aerodome materials used on the front legs from the hips to the knees to help support the core leg muscles. This material is designed with air bubbles built between the fabric layers producing up to 30% more buoyancy than conventional neoprene. Ref #6
– 39 cell SCS neoprene used on the glutes, again with a 5mm thickness. Ref #7
Other features include:
1. Pro Speed CuffsTM on the arms and the legs for rapid removal after the swim to ensure the quickest transitions, saving you vital time on any course.
2. V-shape neck design with built in moulding which keeps the suit in position at the sides but allows a lower and more comfortable T-shirt fit on the front keeping the suit away from the adams-apple.
3. Upwards breakaway zip design for even quicker transitions and protection from having your zip pulled down during a race.
4. Stylish graphite neoprene on the arms and gold and gunmetal tones for an exclusive look.
The Vanquish makes use of some of the Worlds highest performance materials and combines these with a thoroughly researched panel design to ensure maximum flexibility and balanced buoyancy.
Price match guarantee
We'll match any competitors price
Free ground shipping
On orders over $125
60-Day return policy
Zero hassle. No questions asked.
Sign up for exclusive deals delivered via email